Born in a Mexican household, Latin cuisine was part of my life growing up. My dad and I are the big cooks in the family and I always try to recreate his recipes. To this day, fajitas are one of his favorite dishes to make and it's a crowd pleaser every time.
I always look for ways to make my recipes healthier and aside from using fresh ingredients, I paired this shrimp fajitas recipe with the Green & Balanced olive oil and it was the perfect addition.
Once all the aromas invaded my kitchen, it was as if I was sitting in my parents' kitchen just like the old days. I hope you try this super quick and easy tasty recipe!
- 1.5 lbs. large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons O-live & Co. Green & Balanced oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- Optional: corn or flour tortillas and avocado
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, add peeled shrimp and olive oil, toss to coat the shrimp then add all seasonings (salt, chili/garlic/onion powders, and cumin).
3. Once shrimp is coated with oil & spices, add onion & peppers and toss to combine with shrimp.
4. Place all ingredients on baking sheet and cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Turn oven to a high broil and cook an additional 2 minutes.
5. Enjoy with avocado or use tortillas to make tacos with your favorite toppings.